October 6, 2009

Glacier Nat'l Park - Montana

Avalanche CreekHeaven's Peak


McDonald's Lake
on the "Road to the Sun"



From Coere d’Alene we headed to Polson, Montana where we set up camp overlooking Flathead Lake and the town of Polson. Glacier National Park was the next day’s destination. I think I had , well I know I had some pre-conceived visions of the park,,expecting these huge Alaskan type glaciers all over the park,,must to my disappointment we had to climb\drive several thousand feet up to see what was left of the glaciers on the “road to the sun”...I will admit that it was a beautiful climb however and well worth one’s time. Early spring would allow for more of the glacial fields. We enjoyed the roadside fruit stands eating the last of the Flathead cherries and of course, huckleberries...

No comments:

Post a Comment