October 17, 2009

Mt. Rushmore, Keystone, SD





It's getting cooler but so far just rain and no snow,,we continue our easterly course leaving huckleberry country and entering choke cherry country... I'm about huckleberried out,,,tonight we camped at the Palmer Gulch KOA - 2 miles from Mt. Rushmore - after setting up camp we head up the hill to see the Presidents,,,I have to admit here that I was a little disappointed,,not in the park itself, but in my mind I had the sculptures much larger,,don't get me wrong, they are great sculptures and the park is nice,,,just smaller than I thought,,,Ted just laughs at me telling me that the photos I have seen were probably made from a helicopter up close and appearing much larger,,,he's such a funny guy...
and just to give it a little perspective,,these sculptures are about 80 times larger than a normal human head, amounting to 4 - 60 ft. sculptures..and with this in mind,,we went over to see Crazy Horse - Memorial and Indian Museum of North America...









No comments:

Post a Comment